Wednesday, March 18, 2015

New ColourPop Super Shock Cheek Blushes!

If you follow me on Instagram (@blushedandblended), it's no secret that I have a love affair with ColourPop. When I found out they were releasing blushes, I became a full-time stalker of their website. I not only monitored the exact time they planned on releasing them, but I set an alarm to wake up and be one of the first people to order them. Again, if you follow me on Instagram, you may also be aware that to my dismay, this was no simple task. The website crashed repeatedly and it took more than 6 hours to get my order placed. Despite my frustration, I've cooled off and ColourPop still and always will have my love (and my money). This post is long overdue so let's get on with it!
PROS:
True to ColourPop's reputation, these are so affordable! Yes, they are $3 more than the eyeshadows, boo hoo hoo, but $8 is still less than drugstore prices these days so I'll take what I can get. They're also amazingly pigmented so a little goes a long way; therefore the overall value and price-point couldn't be better. They also released a literal sh*tton of colors- 20 total and with an amazing range of tone, color, and finish. Prenup unfortunately photographed almost greyish and super glittery for some reason but I promise this color was the most true to description/picture on the website; I use this color the most because it's a little more neutral and muted for everyday wear. Thumper is just one step up from that and is an awesome classic and girly pink. Mochi is going to be perfect for spring and summer; it's bright and flattering and I can't wait to start using it more!



CONS:
It's hard to tell exactly what causes this, but I think because I have an oilier skin type these seem to wear off through the day. I usually get about 4-5 hours where the blush still looks nice, but beyond that they always seem to fade almost completely off by the end of the day. Luckily, I haven't necessarily noticed any oxidizing of the color itself as they wear. The only other con is that the pictures don't seem true to color on the website. Thumper looks like a soft-peachy pink on the site, but in actuality it's not like that at all; it's more of a muted soft Barbie pink. Mochi also looks different than the site but it's hard for me to explain exactly how. The best way I can think to put it is that I think it looks like it has a little bit more coral in it and is overall more fluorescent than the "blue-based bright pink" description/picutre.

IS IT WORTH IT?:
YAS! Hello, these are $8. Everything ColourPop makes is worth it. I should seriously be working for them I promote them all the time so positively- which btw if any ColourPop reps read this I'm a PR major lookin fo a job hollaaaaaa. Lol but seriously, these are beautiful. The color range is on point and although I usually avoid cream blushes for my skin type, these set to a demi-matte finish and don't cause me to look shinier. I find that these apply the best with my elf small stipple brush and they blend out amazingly well without leaving patches or uneven color on my face! Love, love, love these and I can't wait to get more!


*this post wasn't sponsored and all photos are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment