Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sephora Favorites: Draw the Line



Let me preface this post by saying I LOVE this set! Black eyeliner pencils are something I use every single day in my routine and it can be difficult to find good ones that don't smudge all over my eyes. This kit retails for $30 which may seem steep for a box full of eyeliner, but it's actually an amazing value. This kit also made me try brands of liner that I've always wanted to try but would never shell out the money for. The kit comes with a Stila dark brown liquid liner, Kat Von D tattoo liquid liner, and black pencil liners from Nars, Sephora Collection, and Marc Jacobs.

PROS:
I love that this kit included pencil and liquid liners. I feel like by doing that I have so much variety and they included the top/most talked about brands.
Stila: The tip is really sharp and ideal for winged eyeliner and the formula is pigmented
Kat Von D: I love her entire brand and the packaging and the tattoo liner lives up to the hype. The brush tip comes to a fine point so you can get a thin or thick line.
Urban Decay: This was the only pencil I had tried before so I knew how good they were. By now it seems almost everyone has tried Urban's liners and know that they're pigmented, come in a million shades and are really smooth and long lasting.
Nars: Super pigmented, smooth, and you can smudge it before it sets.
Sephora Collection: This pencil is slightly dryer but I think that's what makes it last longer. It claims to be waterproof which I haven't personally tested, but it holds up really well on my waterline.
Marc Jacobs: This pencil seriously glides like butter and goes on with a slight sheen but is one of the more pigmented blacks in the kit. It did smear more than the others but it twists up and doesn't need to be sharpened, and the packaging is really sleek.

CONS:
Stila: I really wish they included this in black instead of dark brown. I'll wear brown pencil liner on occasion but it's extremely unlikely I'll reach for a brown liquid liner. I feel like the entire point of liquid liner is to make a bold/defined wing, while brown liners are meant to be softer and toned down so brown isn't exactly ideal for me. The formula is also way too shiny.
Kat Von D: I usually don't like brush tip liquid liners but this one has been easier to handle. It's not overly flexible so I feel like I have control but it's still not enough for me to get a clean wing. I really prefer her Ink Liner which has a felt tip and has a less shiny formula than this one.
Urban Decay: I don't have any cons about this! They included a double ended pencil which are both really wearable colors; I'm really happy with it overall.
Nars: This pencil isn't the longest lasting but I do get really decent wear out of it.
Sephora Collection: This is probably the least pigmented of all of the pencils but it's still really good. I haven't tested it being waterproof but it has been the hardest to get off.
Marc Jacobs: I don't really have cons for this liner! After it sets it's not going anywhere and you don't have to hassle sharpening it!

IS IT WORTH IT?
YES! Definitely! This not only is perfect for building your collection and testing different brands but it makes an affordable gift and is a really awesome value. You get plenty of variety and the pencils will last you a long time. It's limited edition for the season so I would get it while you can!

*This post was not sponsored and photos are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment