Friday, February 27, 2015

NEW Benefit Roller Lash Mascara



I'm so STOKED to talk about this mascara. Luckily because of my work I was able to try this out several weeks before the launch date. I had an amazing first impression that I've maintained since my first use!

To give you all some background, I am NOT a high-end mascara girl; in fact, I've told clients over the past two years not to spend money on mascara and to invest money elsewhere. I haven't found one perfect drugstore mascara but I get amazing results from layering them, and I'd rather buy two mascaras for under $10 than buy one "okay" $30 mascara.
PROS:
The packaging is pretty cute and classic Benefit. I'm not crazy about the entire tube design, but the wand top is adorably designed to look like an old-school hair roller. The formula is so awesome- it's lightweight but I still get awesome length and volume from one coat without it feeling spikey or flaking. If you run your fingers over your lashes once they're dry, they still feel fluffy and soft! I'm still so stunned that I liked a high-end mascara, but the results were just too amazing and it is SO much better than the They're Real mascara!
CONS:
Okay, yes, I did just say I like the packaging. The design is cute but the material however, is not. The pink wand top is rubber, which may not seem like a problem, but rubberized packaging picks up dirt and makeup from wherever you take it so easily and quickly makes it look dingy and gross (COUGH, COUGH NARS). Also, ugh, that price tag. $24 for a mascara is so painful for me and I cringe at it still, but it's just so damn good :(

IS IT WORTH IT?:
If you can afford it, YES! As I mentioned, I hate that I love this mascara but it's such an amazing all around mascara and it has really cut my makeup routine time down because I know longer spend 5 minutes caking on layers and layers of mascara. If you really can't justify the price tag enough to buy it, keep an eye out for Sephora's Friends & Family sales when you can get 20% off! This mascara launches in Sephora stores February 27th.


*All photos are my own and this post was not sponsored*

No comments:

Post a Comment