Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Too Faced Melted Lipsticks- New Shades!



I tried these lipsticks over a year ago when they first came out and I wasn't wowed by them; I still don't understand the hype! They're incredibly pigmented and smooth but my list of cons greatly outweigh the pros, making this an easy $21 to keep in my pocket. However, they did just expand the collection by adding in eight new colors which I was excited about because of how pastel and unflattering the original shades were.The new shades are as follows:
  • Melted Sugar (nude)
  • Melted Chihuahua (nude-mauve)
  • Melted Frosting (powder pink)
  • Melted Melon (pinky coral)
  • Melted Jelly Donut (magenta-pink)
  • Melted Strawberry (red-orange)
  • Melted Velvet (vampy-red)
  • Melted Villain (black-purple)


PROS:
Pigmentation; there's no lie that these are unbelievably opaque and have great color payoff. With the release of the eight new shades there's an excellent variety of colors to choose from. At $21 a tube they run about average for lipsticks found in Sephora, but with the little amount you need these can definitely last you for years and make it worth the value.

CONS:
Gloop glop glop. These formulas are kind of ridiculous to work with. They are so gloppy that it's almost impossible to get a perfect application (if you couldn't tell by my lip swatches lol). The squeeze tube and felt-tip applicator may get the product on your lips but it's impossible to get an even and full application. I had to use a lip brush to reach my lip line without getting it all over my face and even though I didn't use a lip-liner, I'd highly suggest one.

I'm also still having some of my original issues with the colors; they lean on the pastel side and because they're so full color, I feel like I'm walking around with straight up paint on my lips and it doesn't look good. The best example is definitely shown with the Melted Frosting lip swatch photo. The formula also is that it sticks to dry patches or cracks in your lips. I'd definitely exfoliate beforehand.

I did get a decent amount of wear-time out of these but it takes effort. What I mean by that is I was always aware of the product on my lips. It spreads and transfers so easily, I couldn't help but be careful of touching my face and watching what I eat or drink. Even with my caution, it stuck to my teeth on several occasions as well.

IS IT WORTH IT?:
For me, I'd say overall no. I did however really like Melted Sugar, Melted Jelly Donut, Melted Velvet. Even though only two colors appealed to me, I loved that the colors looked nice without having to tone them with other products. I will say though there are so many better options for the same price or less, so unless you find specific shades you can't live without, I 'd pass.

*This post wasn't sponsored and all photos are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment