Thursday, March 12, 2015

GlamGlow SuperCleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser


This cleanser and I had a very complicated relationship; if there's anything I've learned from using it, it's that you can't expect what you're probably expecting. By that I mean that everything you'd think is going to happen with this cleanser (from typical common sense) may not be the case. Let me break down what I mean:

Point #1: This cleanser is the sister product to the GlamGlow Clearing Mud Treatment-a popular mask that's notorious for removing blackheads and reducing breakouts instantly. One of my first thoughts was that this cleanser would be just as amazing, but as it's for everyday use maybe the results would be long-term. This wasn't true by any means and it definitely won't replace the mud mask. It kept breakouts relatively at bay but I didn't notice my blackheads diminishing much, even with continued use.

Point #2: It's a mud-to-foam cleanser...so naturally you'd assume it's a mud-to-foam cleanser...
I'm a little disappointed about how difficult it is to make this product work. They suggest applying it to your dry face and then wetting your hands to work up the foam cleanser. This method barely lathers the cleanser at all; I'd suggest dotting your face with the cleanser and then adding water to the residue left on your hands to create a really thick foam, and from there work it into the product dotted on your face. It's also extremely hard to use a Clarisonic with this. Unless you can get that thick foam formed with the directions I gave, a Clarisonic will just wipe the product right off. If you do want to use your Clarisonic, just make sure not to apply it directly to the brush head; work the foam up first.

Point #3: A pump may dispenser may seem logical, but this is the WORST PACKAGING EVER!!! The pump from day ONE was terrible at dispensing product and it just continued to go downhill from there. It was a constant hassle trying to get product out of the bottle; I ended up having to unscrew the cap and pound it into my hand, which in the long run was probably extremely wasteful.

So, is this product worth it? You'd probably think not based on the points I've just made, but I wouldn't go that far This cleanser was good once I got passed the packaging and foaming flaws. I wouldn't say it's holy grail status, as I have extremely difficult acne-prone skin and it wasn't a miracle worker. However; I liked that I could use this every day without experiencing any dryness. It also has licorice root in it which is a common ingredient used for lightening hyper-pigmentation; I really appreciated them including it, but be warned-it does cause a light licorice scent. Speaking of which, another big disclaimer- THIS CLEANSER WILL TURN YOUR ENTIRE BATHROOM GREY! My sink, counter top, Clarisonic, mirror, and wall are all grey from the charcoal color of the cleanser. Unless you wipe your mess up immediately after every use, it makes your bathroom looking pretty dingey :/

Overall, I noticed the cleanser's effects on the days I stopped using it; more dirt appeared in my pores and my texture seemed to get a little bumpier. I haven't decided if I'd buy this again- it took a really long time to decide how I felt about it...literally from first use to end of the bottle. It's probably best for being with dealing with light/medium-occasional breakouts; I can't imagine this would work well for serious acne. I say if you can expense it, it may be worth at least one shot, just take precautions, give it some time to work, and learn from my mistakes!

*this post wasn't sponsored and all photos are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment