Wednesday, March 4, 2015

MAC Cinderella Collection

 

It's been years since I've been hooked in by MAC's uncanny ability to get my money simply by putting their products in cute packaging, but alas, they've gotten me again. When I first started getting into makeup, I thought MAC was the OG makeup brand and the best place to start; they do make great products but they are widely known for getting suckers like myself with their limited edition collections. Of course, these products are usually sold out almost as soon as they go one sale but I really did my research this time around to make sure that I'd only buy items that I'd legitimately use, so I only got two. The packaging is designed with the classic Cinderella blue, a pink pearlized duo-chrome, and gold lettering and borders.

STROKE OF MIDNIGHT EYE SHADOW PALETTE:


I've been on a pretty strict palette diet lately, meaning I have a bookshelf overflowing with palettes (and no books) that is a huge result of "limited edition" and "pretty packaging" marketing, and because I own far more than I'll ever need, I've been really good about no longer buying eyeshadow palettes...until now.

I NEEDED this palette...seriously, I did (lol). I love this palette because it's all standard MAC eye shadows that I've heard people rave over (most often by my idol, Kandee Johnson) for years, except for "Stroke of Midnight". As a result of my "diet" I resisted buying these in the past, but of course now that they're all conveniently in one little (beautifully packaged) palette, I coudn't NOT buy it! Let me tell you, I'm so happy I did because the colors are BEAUTIFUL. There's not only a variety of mattes and shimmers, but they included perfect blending colors and for some people, eyebrow colors! Literally the ideal palette for travel because of the compact size and the variety giving you the option for day and night looks. The palette features:
  • Vapour (Velvet finish, peachy pink with flecks of mirco-glitter)
  • Phloof (Frost finish, off-white shimmer-almost a super pale champagne)
  • Omega (Matte finish, muted beige-taupe)
  • Quarry (Matte finish, soft muted plum-brown)
  • Satin Taupe (Frost finish, taupe with silver shimmer)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Velvet finish, black-plum with sparkle pearl)

In my experience, MAC shadows last a decently long time and the individual shadows are $11 or $14 so I'm completely okay with the $44 price tag, as I feel it's right for the value. If you can get your hands on it, this would be my #1 recommendation, not only for this collection, but for all of MAC Cosmetics.

CINDERELLA LIPSTICK IN "ROYAL BALL"


I have to admit, I've NEVER purchased or owned a MAC lipstick. I know, I'm covered in shame. I've tried the lipglasses in the past- I'm embarrassed to say I still have a little bit of my Viva Glam Gaga from when it originally launched, and I wasn't really a fan of the formula so I didn't pursue trying more lip products.

Two lipsticks came out in this collection and one looked perfect to me; Royal Ball was described as a "fleshy pink" with a lustre finish. I typically aim for nude lips if I wear anything at all, but so far I'm not thrilled about this lipstick, especially not like I was about the palette. It's not bad, but I've used better ones, and it was $17.50 which kind of pushes it for me (they're usually about $16). It doesn't have a crazy amount of pigmentation or long-wearing power to be worth that much money for me. It also is really close to bordering on a frost finish, which is a huge NO in my book. Frosted lipsticks scream 90's in the worst way and that's exactly where they should stay. Overall, it's pretty and I like it, I just don't love it.


The Cinderella collection hits stores on March 5 and almost everything is sold out online. If you have the time and money, GO GET THE EYESHADOW PALETTE!

*this post wasn't sponsored and all photos are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment