Thursday, January 15, 2015

Buxom Full Bodied Lipsticks

Buxom as a brand seems to be greatly underrated. I myself am guilty of often passing the isle in Sephora and heading for the big brands I'm familiar with. While I still haven't tested many of their products, I have been playing with a few lipsticks and they may be one of my favorite formulas to date! The first one I tried was the shade Exhibitionist, which is what sparked my love affair. The color wore for several hours without fading and was so comfortable I forgot I had it on. Buxom came out with a mini set for the holidays at Sephora and it recently went on sale (click here). I've had the set for a few weeks now so I felt like after testing several shades I had a final opinion.


There are a ton of reasons why the formula for these lipsticks are amazing; to start, they feel SO good on! The lipstick is super hydrating and helps make it wear comfortably on my lips. I also get a great amount of wear time before I need to reapply it. Even the application is easy- I didn't feel like I absolutely needed a lip-liner and I barely even needed a mirror! You get so much pigmentation that you really only need one swipe of the lipstick for it to look awesome.


Nudist: Nudist unfortunately was not my favorite. It is a pretty peachy-nude color, but it almost seems to go on much more sheer than other shades. I had to put on several swipes to get the color to show up.

Exhibitionist: I don't have it anymore but I'll be getting a new tube soon FOR SURE! It's hard to explain because the bright fuchsia color looks pretty basic, but I swear it's the first one I've worn and felt like it was completely flattering on me. I definitely think it would look great on all skin tones!

Dolly: Dolly was one of the colors I owned before getting the mini set and I truly love it. It's a deep mauvey-pink and it's a really great color to wear when a nude is too light and a dark color is too dramatic.

Provocateur: I LOVE this red! It's a true blue-based red and I feel like it's really flattering for my skin tone and girls who usually have a hard time finding the right red.

The only downside I've found about these lipsticks is the price point. It's $21 a lipstick, but I honestly feel like the little bit you need per use will help it last extremely long. Also, I don't believe this line has a shade without a glossy finish but Buxom carries other products and matte formulas.

*this post was not sponsored and all photos are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment