Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New NYX Products: Wonder Stick, Correcting and Contour Concealer Palette, and Wicked Lippies!


Tons of brands have been releasing new products because of the change of the season, but NYX always catches my eye because of their generally good quality products and extremely low prices. I know that the Wonder Stick has been out for a while but it took my Ulta months to get it. When I went to pick it up I was immediately drawn in by their new "Wicked Lippies," which are jewel toned lipsticks. Disclaimer: they're not every day wearable lipsticks, but they are a line of crazy metallic colors and I really thought they were beautiful. Now, do I know when I'll actually wear it? No, but I wanted to add something new to my collection. To this day I still haven't heard anyone mention their new "Conceal, Correct, Contour Palette" and since I've now tried a fair share of contour products, I thought I'd go ahead and give it a test run. Each product will be discussed individually below with the link attached in headings :)

NYX Wonder Stick


This was hands down the best product of the bunch. It's that perfect kind of crayon-like shape so it's extremely easy to draw in the exact spaces where you want your contour and your highlight. I do wish they were slightly more pigmented but because they aren't, you can blend it out easily and build up the amount of product as desired. This is definitely and ideal product for beginners who want to start learning the basics of contouring. You could blend it out with your fingers or a sponge, but I preferred my E.L.F. small stipple brush. The price point is a little high in my opinion, not only for the drugstore but for NYX, but if you're okay with $12, they offer four different shades and I feel like the product will not only last a decent time, but it'll be a great self-teaching tool.



NYX 3C Conceal, Correct, Contour Palette


I'm not even going to waste my time going into a lot of detail on this palette. Two words: GLUE. STICK. That's what this feels like! You can even see how thick they are in my swatches! I tried my fingers, brushes, and my beauty blender- nothing blends these sticky concealers out and it will show on your face. They threw the word "contour" in to be on makeup trend, but not much about this palette is good for contouring. They put the basic color correcting concealers in the palette but don't be expect to correct anything on your face as these concealers crease, settle in lines, and are completely un-blendable! $12 could've happily been spent elsewhere; two thumbs WAY down.



NYX Wicked Lippie


On a happier note, this lipstick was pretty good. I'm obsessed with the shade I picked up (Envy) and I think the pigmentation is decent for the price point. It's not as easy to tell on my swatches but it does take several layers to get the full pigmentation of the blue. It has a comfortable glossy finish that is lightweight but can definitely feel a little heavier with the layers. It's not the perfect staining, long-lasting, all-day wear lipstick, but it's a fair quality lipstick if you want to add something fun to your collection!


*This post was not sponsored and all photos are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment